IJCRAR is now DOI (CrossRef) registered Research Journal. The DOIs are assigned to all published IJCRAR Articles.

INDEXED IN INDEX COPERNICUS - ICI Journals Master List 2016 - IJCRAR--ICV 2016: 81.15 For more details click here

Abstract            Volume:9  Issue-2  Year-2021         Original Research Articles

Online ISSN : 2347 - 3215
Issues : 12 per year
Publisher : Excellent Publishers
Email : editorijcret@gmail.com

Additive Main Effects and Multiplicative Interactions (AMMI) Analysis of Grain Yield in Tef (Eragrostis tef (zucc.) Varieties in South West Ethiopia
Afework Legesse* and Tegegn Belete
Ethiopian Institute of Agricultural Research, Jimma Research Center, P.O.Box 192, Jimma, Ethiopia
*Corresponding author

The study was carried out in south western Ethiopia across six test locations during the 2019 cropping season with objective of determining magnitude of GxE interaction and stability analysis of Tef varieties. A total of eight tef varieties were laid out randomized complete block design with three replicates at each site. AMMI analysis revealed that the effects of genotype, environment and genotype by environment interaction (GEI) were highly significant (p < 0.01), and their respective contribution to the treatment sum of squares was 7.50%, 69.22% and 20.19%. The AMMI model partitioned four significant IPCAs components and the first two IPCA1 (62.26%) and IPCA2 (27.74%) together contributed 90% of GEI sum of squares. AMMI model graphical interpretation identified varieties G-5 (Abola) and G-8 (Kora) as the most stable and high yielder across tested environments. The varieties G-5 (Abola) (7592 kg/ha) and G-8 (Kora) (8264 kg/ha) varieties had the average yield which was greater than the grand mean (7473 kg/ha). With respect to environment E-5 (Omonada) and E-3 (Somodo) located relatively near to the origin and they were less interacting environments, considered as favorable environments.

Keywords: AMMI, biplots analysis, GxE interaction, grain yield, IPCA, Stability.
Download this article as Download

How to cite this article:

Afework Legesse and Tegegn Belete. 2021. Additive Main Effects and Multiplicative Interactions (AMMI) Analysis of Grain Yield in Tef (Eragrostis tef (zucc.) Varieties in South West EthiopiaInt.J.Curr.Res.Aca.Rev. 9(2): 129-137
doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcrar.2021.902.009
Copyright: This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike license.